A little bit of our History.
In the year 1923 it was decided to
The turf was cut and brought down from Pontesford Hill in wheelbarrows; the work was all done by hand there were no J.C.B's in those days. The green was laid and the club was founded in the same year.
The 'Green' is known locally as being a bit tricky, with its own optical
illusion, Probably some of the character which came
with the Hill. The 'Green' has been
called many names over the years, some of which are printable and some are not.